Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A Time For Everything

Yesterday was my SAL with Becky. We are stitching A Time For Everything by Linda Spivey. I am stitching it on 32 count antique white Belfast linen. I really like this pattern. It is so adorable! I love anything to do with the 4 seasons especially Autumn.

I managed to get her shirt stitched last night. It was a chaotic day here so I didn't get to stitch as much as I wanted to last night but there is always next week! :) This pattern has lots of backstitching (ughhh!), fractional stitches(no problem), Lazy Daisies (no problem), and French knots(ughh!). The French knots will be the worst part of the whole pattern for me.

6 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow that's fantastic detail in that little shirt! I used to HATE french knots until I learnt how to do a colonial knot. Looks the same but is always consistent and easy to do!

BeckySC said...

You have made a wonderful start, Dawn :) I am glad we started with different scarecrows...
I don't mind the french knots, I just hate all the b/s, as I always leave it for last...and seem overwhelmed by it!

Kim said...

It's looking good so far! I know what you mean about french knots, mine are just that "not french knots". LOL, LOL I don't know why but I can't make them properly so I improvise and fake it. ;)
Looks like it will be a fun project though. :)

Von said...

Hi Dawn, I just saw Becky's SAL - it's an adorable design!! Looks like lots of color changes and intricate details - slows the process, but the end result is worth it :)

Mylene said...

Good progress, Dawn.

Nancy K. said...

I would love to know how to find this design! Just looking at the shirt, and loving scarecrows, has me wanting to add this. Could you please share this information?

Take care, Nancy