Thursday, January 12, 2006

More One Over Stitching

I worked on Fortunate Traveler yesterday. I finished up the title and started on the story. It was all one over stitching. I have to admit that one over stitching is kind of a pain but the effect is definitely worth it.


I still haven't decided if I like my daily rotation or not. My main thing is I feel like I don't get enough progress done it one day. I am going to stay with my daily rotation until my first five projects are done but after that I am not for sure if I will continue it or not. I guess I will just have to wait and see.

Von-Yes, Renee and I and have been best friends for twenty years. She is a wonderful friend and I am proud to be her friend. She has always been there for me when I have needed her support. I am truely blessed!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Fortunate Traveler! It's such a neat chart and you're right, the over one really is effective, if painful. :)

Schokti said...

Great progress, Dawn! Considering the heading is all over one, you have done a considerable amount on this project. Woot!

Von said...

I thought you and Renee must be very close friends :) One of my very best friends is Connie at The Lacey Thread. It's so wonderful to have friends who have known you through so much of life!

BeckySC said...

It's looking awesome, Dawn :)

Svenja said...

I feel the same about my daily rotation, Dawn. But I think you actually got a lot of progress done on Fortunate Traveler. It looks great!

Anne S said...

Have to agree with you Dawn about the daily rotation - especially with shift work, I'd find some days I'd end up completing missing some projects, then I'd only get an hour into another one etc ... in the end I tried a 10-hour rotation slot instead, and love it! Depending on my shifts, sometimes I get my 10 hours done in 2 days, sometimes in a week or 2 weeks - but 10 hours is plenty of time to see some 'real' progress, and it still gives you time to stitch different things at the same time, without getting bored with them. Your FT is looking fantastic - I hadn't realised the story was over-one, but it looks fantastic done that way ... hang in there - ever little over-one is a step closer to the end ;)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Keep going with that over one!!! Its worth it in the end!