Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Fortunate Traveler

Today I stitched on The Fortunate Traveler. I worked on the wording which is stitching one over one. I have to admit I am getting a lot better at stitching one over one! You can't really tell in the picture but the wording is actually 2 different colors (3362 &3363 but not blended). It wouldn't have been bad but my kitty, Madison, was having too much fun trying to steal my floss and mixing the strands of floss together.



Today's SBQ was suggested by Renee and is:

Do you do your stash shopping at your LNS, ONS, or both? Which do you like better? Why?

Since I live is a small town and don't have a credit card I do all of my shopping at my LNS. Shopping at my LNS can be a major pain in the rump because they don't keep a lot of specialty threads and beads in stock so I have to special order the stuff in via the LNS. She doesn't charge me anything extra but I could be waiting for the stuff to arrive for a couple of months!

9 comments:

Von said...

Even though it's a pain to order through your LNS, it's nice that you do support her. I lost my LNS last year, so now wait to shop for the times we go out of town. But my stash is pretty adequate, lol!

Carol said...

What an excellent start - you have much courage to work on that stunning TW piece :-)

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

It looks amazing. I am sure the letting looks spectacular. Bad kitty for messing your threads up though:)

BeckySC said...

It's looking awesome already, Dawn!

Kim said...

This project is looking great! Can't wait to see more. :D

Dani - tkdchick said...

Fortunate traveller is looking great! Over one does get easier with time. I alwyas find my eyes and hand need to adjust to it then I'm off stitching!

I'm lucky my boys (cats) aren't interested in my flossies! That must be a pain!

Sasha Farina said...

how I envy you... I'm yet to try stitching over one :D

Unknown said...

Wow! You've really done a lot on that one. I love that piece.

Anne S said...

Fortunate Traveller is looking fantastic - I love that design :) Your other new starts are coming along quickly too ... I love seeing your progress piccies :) I have to admit, I'm not a huge over-one fan, although I adore the look of it ... I did a class in the US once with Jodi Merusi that taught us to stitch the over-one like canvaswork (tent stitch?) so it has a long arm on the back of the fabric ... makes it soooo much easier to pass your needle under for starting/finishing threads, and stops the little stitch from disappearing - also means you can use your normal XS method of going along the whole row, then coming back to finish it, instead of having to do each stitch at a time ... great trick!