Monday, January 16, 2006

First HD of the Year!

I am having my first HD of the year! I finished Itching to Stitch for the Lottery Exchange. I should have been working on Woodland Faerie but I was so close to finishing I couldn't put it down. I stitched it on some 32 count Lugana that I received from Cathymk in my Birthday package. I finished it into a wall hanging. Overall, I am happy with it except that it looks crooked to me! I was worrying over it as I am a bit of a perfectionist.


This weekend I also finished the stitching on Melissa's birthday present and all I have left to do is the finishing. Sorry no pictures (yet!) I will say that the finishing technique I am using will be the first time I have tried it so I hope it turns out.

11 comments:

Anne S said...

Love this design, Dawn - and your finishing looks fine :) Whoever gets this will love it, I'm sure - yay for your happy dancing :))

BeckySC said...

Looks WONDERFUL to me :) WOOHOO!! GREAT entry to the lottery, Dawn :)
Congrats :)

Unknown said...

That is so cute! And it doesn't look crooked at all. :)

cathymk said...

Oh I'm glad you found a use for "New Dawn" (that's the colour I sent). What a cute piece Dawn. I'm sure your reciepient will love it!

RĂ³sa said...

What a great wallhanging :-) I need to finish my piece so I can be eligible to win this :-D

Schokti said...

Wonderful, Dawn! woot!

Von said...

Very cute, Dawn!!

Anonymous said...

Great job, Dawn! You go girl!

Kim said...

That turned out great! It doesn't look crooked at all. Very cute design. :D

Carol said...

Great job Dawn! Haven't heard from you in a while, sure hope you are well (well, according to your blog you are, that's good!!)

Mylene said...

Well done, Dawn. It looks really great!! Hugs, Mylene