Saturday, December 10, 2005

No Stitching

I managed to stitch one more letter up last night so that makes me at the halfway point of ABC Bears. Yeah! However today I didn't do any stitching but I did do some crocheting. I haven't crocheted in a long time but for the past month I have been wanting to start something. I tend to do my crocheting in the winter time.

Since it has been since last winter since I did anything I figured I would start off with something easy. I have decided to make a blanket for my dog's bed. She has one now that is pretty worn and it needs to be replaced anyways. I am doing a simple wave design of three colors. I am using Red Heart Worsted yarn and the colors are Light Fuchsia, Dark Orchid, and Plum Pudding. I really like these colors and if it turns out I am gong to make an afghan for me with them. I only got 3 rows done this afternoon so there isn't much to show yet. I would have had more done but I was helping Allie with learning how to make a chain.

2 comments:

Anne S said...

Have to admit that all the time while growing up I wanted to learn how to crochet ... never had anyone to each me, and for some reason could never follow book instructions - it still remains a mystery to me :)

Unknown said...

Like Anne, I've always wanted to learn crochet and can't figure it out from book instructions! I have the hooks, yarn and about 4 books, and can't get it. I'd love to be able to make blamkets. *sigh* Someday...