Monday, December 12, 2005

Help Please!

I am not for sure how many of you out there crochet but I have encountered a problem I have been trying to figure out for awhile and maybe one of you can help me out. My daughter Krissy has been after me to teach her to crochet. She is left handed and I am right handed. This is our problem. I don't know how to hold the needle and yarn for a left handed person. I have tried what usually works for us by sitting in front of her and matching her hands to mine but for some reason it is not working for us this time.

If anyone knows of a link to a picture on how to hold the yarn and needle for a left handed person I would great appreciate it. :)

4 comments:

Von said...

I'm sorry I can't help you in this matter, Dawn! But I'm sure there will be someone who can - there are so many talented ladies out there :)

Kim said...

I would love to say I could help, but the reason I can't crochet is exactly the one you are dealing with... Hope someone has some good ideas. :) Your afghan is looking very pretty!

Carol said...

http://www.crochet.org/lessons/lessonl/lessonl.html

This one looks good - Crochet Guild of America :-) I hope that helps Krissy - with her already proven needlework talents, it would be a shame if she could not master crochet as well!! As I did some research for you, I noticed a lot of articles where folks were saying they just simply learned how to crochet right handed - now, that sure is easier said than done, I am sure! My left hand is quite useless to me (I am a righty too).

Anonymous said...

I couldn't remember whose blog this was on, so I'm glad this popped up again in my RSS feed reader so I could comment. I was in Walmart the other day (and again today) and I found these Teach Yourself to Knit and Teach Yourself to Crochet kits there, which included a book, needles, stitch counters, etc. And I noticed that there was a statement at the top that said it included instructions for lefties! Just thought you might want to know. :)