Thursday, August 06, 2009

Tea Dyed Fabric

I can't believe how fast this week has flown by for me. It seems like I haven't sat and still for more than 5 minutes at a time. I was able to stitch for an hour in the mornings while at Krissy's softball practice so I made a little progress on Rain with Attitude.


I am stitching this design on some 28 count fabric that I hand dyed using tea. I am pleased with the result. I definitely see more tea dying for me in the future.:)

I am not sure how much stitching I will get done this weekend as it looks to be a busy one for us again. Mike's work schedule has changed so he will be gone all day on Saturday and on Sunday we are going to the Henry Doorly Zoo with his dad/step-mom/sister and her boyfriend and her daughter for the day. Hopefully, I will get some more pretty kitty pictures.:)

I hope everyone has had a great week!


6 comments:

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Love your fabric, great job with the tea dying. CJ ok;-)

Anonymous said...

The tea dying came out great. Love the saying --- so true!

Kim B said...

This fabric is fantastic! Well done!

Laural said...

Great job! The color is going to be so perfect for your design!

Sonda said...

Ooh, the fabric looks delicious...but I suppose you won't eat it...LOL. Can't wait to see the finished project!

Unknown said...

I agree with everyone - the tea dying looks like a good idea. I want to try it too . . .