Sunday, August 02, 2009

Gargae Sales and Stitching

All I can say about this week is I am glad it is over and I hope to not have another one like this one for a long time!

As I have mentioned before I love to go to garage sales and this week I found a great buy. I got 30 full rolls of ribbon for $5.00! There is one missing out of the picture as my eldest daughter snagged one for her hair.


I have been stitching a little here and there on Moonlight's Visit but today I realized I have pretty much stitched all I can with the DMC. I desperately need to make a trip to the LNS and pick up the Kreiniks I need to finish this one. Which means for the time being this one gets to reside in the UFO pile.


I also started a new piece today. :) It is called Rain With Attitude from Stoney Creek. (Chiloe, I think you are gonna like it!) It is a snowman design. I am stitching it on some 28 count fabric that I dyed using tea bags. This was the first time I have used tea bags and was pretty pleased with the result. Unfortunately, I didn't make much progress on it so I don't have a picture to show just yet.

Have a great night!

5 comments:

Kim B said...

That is one impressive ribbon collection you snagged!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great bargain at the garage sale - your stitching is looking great :)

Chiloe said...

I was ready to check it with google when I read that I will like it ans of course, I like it !!! lol I'm curious to see your fabric ;-)

Hope you find your kreinik soon: is your LNS far away?

Laural said...

I hope your week has started out better. Great find on the ribbon! I can't wait to see your new start.

Kajsa said...

What a find! Hope the rest of your week is better.