Sunday, August 09, 2009

No Zoo

I am going to quit saying anything about possible future plans because every time I do something prevents us and we end up not doing them at all. I mentioned earlier this week that we would be going to the zoo today. Nope we didn't get to go. 2 reasons....one is Mike had to work today because he has a new work schedule AND it was storming this morning. Yep.....that is my luck!

However, there is a silver lining and it is I can sit on my butt and stitch today! Actually, that is what I did yesterday as it was too yucky and hot to really do anything. I worked on Rain with Attitude and I am pleased with how much I have gotten done this week. :)



It is hard to believe but this is the kids' last week of summer vacation. I will be glad to get back into the school routine but then again I won't be ready either. We have all the school shopping done minus what specific items the teachers request. Krissy and Allie have their class schedules and toured the high school. I am still having a hard time adjusting to the idea of 2 teenage girls in high school this year! I keep saying I am not old enough to have 2 teenage girls but then I have to remind myself that I am that old. Ugghhh......35 this year isn't going to be pretty! Mac will meet his teacher this Thursday. (I can post that as it is something that has to be done!)

Have a great day!

5 comments:

Chiloe said...

What can I say? I love everything: the colors, the charts, the fabric !!! lol

2 girls in high school already? Wow, you get them very young !!! Thanks god, little ones keep us young ;-)

I'm not ready for getting up early that's for sure and not ready for homeworks again: but here back to school is in spetmeber 1 st !!! yeah !!!!!!!!

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Your piece looks great.

I know what you mean about kids getting older. I have 2 in high school, one in 8th grade and one that is in 5th. I keep asking how they got so old.... then remember I am going to be 38 this year and groan.

Our schools start on Monday.

Anonymous said...

Our kids go back in two weeks!

My kid (MBA @ Rollins College) has off until after Labor Day.

I always love the routine of the school year. Then there is all the great fall holidays to look forward to also.

Your stitching is coming along beautifully.

Kim B said...

Great progress! That's too bad about the zoo. But at least there's stitching!

Sally said...

Love the look of this Dawn. The fabby you dyed is lovely.