Wednesday, September 28, 2005

SB Question of the Week

Today's "Stitching Blogger's Question" was suggested by Cheryl and is:

Have you ever just quit a project while in the midst of it? (We're not referring to UFOs here, rather projects that you know that you'll never work on again.) Why? What did you do with it - throw it out,give it away, put it away?

I am guilty of quitting in a middle of a project. If the project isn't turning out how it is supposed to look or if I make a very noticeable mistake I will simply toss it in the trash and start from the beginning. This happened to me recently when I began to stitch Woodland Faerie by TW. I stitched and ripped out three different times before I finally cut the fabric up into small pieces and put the pattern back in my stash until a later date. Another example of me quitting in the middle of a project is when I was working on Geisha and Kitty choose to have a seizure on the fabric. That one didn't even make it to the trash can in the house. It went straight to the dumpster.

I worked on Vash's RR again last night. I have the face of the kitty done except for the iris' of the eyes. I am working on the brim of the hat and after that will be the flowers on the hat. I am a little nervous about stitching the flowers because the pattern is a little blurry. If all goes as planned I should be done with this kitty next week and ready to mail to Renee.

After I get done with Vash's RR I will start on my square of the SBRR-2. I have chosen the Four Seasons Chairs and I will be stitching the Autumn chair. I am stitching it on 32 count Antique White Belfast Linen. This will be the first time that I have stitched on linen. I am looking forward to stitching on it and see if I like it or not. So far the fabric feels stiffer than the evenweave that I normally stitch on.

I haven't been able to work on Unicorn and Fairy Magic this week because the craft store didn't get the Kreinik BF 032 I need to finish the stitching. Ughh! I had to wait almost 2 months for one color that was on back order already! Krissy may end up getting it as a Christmas gift if it takes that long again.

I still have to decide on what to stitch and finish for the SBLE (Stitching Bloggers Lottery Exchange) that I joined. I have an idea for a pattern but I am not 100% for sure that is what I want to stitch. This gives me a reason to go to the craft store and browse the patterns for something to stitch. :D I am really excited about this exchange and can't wait to find out who the lucky person will be.

No comments: