Saturday, September 10, 2005

Good Day

I wish all Friday's would go as smoothly as yesterday did for me. It all started first thing in the morning when my boss decided that I needed a break and could go home early. He did not have to ask me twice!! Extra time and money in my purse could only mean one thing. A trip to the craft store! I knew I had to pick up my fabric for the SBERR in am doing with Renee, Nicki and Laurie. I picked up a half a yard of 32 count Belfast Antique White Linen. I would have preferred plain white but they did not have any in stock and I did not want to place and order and play the waiting game. I also picked up some MH glass seed beads for another project. All in all, I spent too much at the craft store but I deserved it this week.

After I left the craft store I headed to the grocery store to pick up items to make lasagne. I was lucky enough to be able to go and get what I needed and was able to check out rather quickly. I looked at the time and was surprised to see that it was only 11:30 in the morning. Whoo-hoo I was going to beat the noon rush hour home!

When I got home the next chore I had to go was give our 2 dogs bathes. Luckily they both don't fight bathes but that doesn't mean they like them either. After I dried them both I knew I had to give the house a good cleaning before the kids got home for the weekend. When I was finished with that it was time to start making the lasagne so I could just put it in the oven later and cook it. I just finished putting it all together when the kids got home from school. It was 4:00 and I had almost everything done! Things were looking good for an evening of stitching. :D

I was able to sit down and stitch all evening! It felt really good to sit down and stitch for about 4 hours. This of course means I made some good progress on the Uni. All I have left is the front legs on the Uni and the Fairy to stitch. I do have some MH seed beads to put on after all the stitching. Beading is not my strong point but I am getting better...slowly.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

5 comments:

Kiwi Jo said...

yah! I'm glad you had a good Friday and I hope it lasts all weekend!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! Congrats on the progress. :)

BeckySC said...

WOW, you are coming right along on this piece :) Looks fabulous!!
Thanks for sharing :)

Sasha Farina said...

its getting better!! and what a wonderful day you had :)

Casa Pearl said...

Sounds like a heavenly day! Glad you enjoyed it and I love the progress on your unicorn.