Tuesday, September 06, 2005

A Long Weekend

I am glad that the holiday weekend is over! I love my husband and kids but they can sure make a house into a disaster area. Luckily my boss let me have the day off (just because I had to work yesterday!) today so I will be able to give it a good cleaning later this morning. Overall the weekend went pretty good. The kids were grumpy because we didn't run them all over town instead we stayed at home all weekend.

Sunday was Mike's 37th birthday. All he wanted to do was be lazy and play his computer games all day which of course we let him do since it was his day. I made him his favorite dinner of chicken and rice. Mike isn't real fond of cakes so this year Krissy insisted on making Mike brownies instead of a cake. The brownies turned out really good and of course we had to put 37 candles on it for him to blow out.

I really wanted to get a lot of stitching done this weekend but I didn't and I have a reason but I will talk more about that later this week. I managed to work on Unicorn and Fairy Magic Saturday and Sunday nights. I worked on Vash's RR Cat in Hats last night. I am going to work on my square a little each night after the kids are in bed because that is when I do my best stitching. No distractions means no mistakes!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow lady! You are certainly grooving along on the unicorn. Such a beautiful design. :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a gentle face your unicorn is going to have!

BeckySC said...

Wow, Dawn...it's looking great :)
Thanks for sharing :)

Sasha Farina said...

the unicorn is looking great!!!

Anonymous said...

It's looking great!

Casa Pearl said...

Great progress Dawn - especially for not getting a lot of stitching time.

Carol said...

Vash's RR idea is super cute :-) And, your unicorn is taking wonderful shape!!!!!!! Happy belated BDay to your DH!