Saturday, September 24, 2005

Still Dancing

I am happy dancing all around the house today. I finished 2 projects! The first dance is for the one I finished for my neighbor's little girl. I stitched the freebie pattern Checkers the Pumpkin on 28 count evenweave dyed golden yellow. I finished it by sewing it into a treat bag/purse for her. Dayza loved it and the candy I put inside for her.

The second piece I finished today is for the Halloween Exchange. I am really happy with how it turned out. I did not like the stress of getting the thread at the last minute. Oh well., it all worked out and I will go to the post office on Monday and mail it to XXXX.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Checkers looks great, Dawn! I was thinking of stitching him myself. Did you use the Kreiniks or find a conversion? I don't have any of the Kreiniks and I'm on the wagon, so if you have a conversion to DMC, I'd appreciate if you'd share. :)

Sasha Farina said...

such a cute treatbag!! well done sweetie.. you made the girl really happy :)

Carol said...

Aw, that is so cute! I bet Dayza loved it - you are a sweet neighbor :-)

Kitty Couture said...

That's lovely, Dawn! Such a sweet gift for your little neighbour :o)

You've been achieving so much those days! Congratulations!

Susie said...

What a cute little goody bag! I love it!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your candy bag is great!!! Soemething a little girl would just adore!

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

What a cute little bag!! I am glad that your neighbor's daughter liked it.

BeckySC said...

Absolutely adorable :)
You did good, Dawn :) and what a sweetie you are to have made it for the neighbor :0