Thursday, September 22, 2005

SB Question of the Week

Today's "Stitching Blogger's Question" was suggested by Carol and is:

What is the most challenging specialty stitch you have ever stitched?

Okay, nobody laugh but French Knots are my worst nightmare. I am not kidding when I say it takes me about 5 minutes to make one little knot. When I first started stitching I would leave out any French Knots that were on the pattern. It wasn't until about 6 years later that I actually made myself learn how to stitch one.

On the stitching side of the news is I worked on Vash's RR last night and made good progress until I realized that it wasn't centered right in the square. At least I hadn't gotten very far so I didn't have much to rip out. I guess I was so excited about stitching this cute kitty that I miscounted the stitches.

With the Halloween Exchange coming to an end I signed up for the Stitching Bloggers Exchanges Lottery. The main idea is for everyone to stitch and finish a piece. Then all the stitchers names are put in a hat and one winner's name will be drawn. This sounds like a lot of fun and I am looking forward to winning some of the gifts! :D

2 comments:

Schokti said...

Hee Hee! I am laughing with you, Dawn! I substitute beads for french knots - I have officially declared I will never be able to learn them.

Looking forward to seeing your contribution to the lottery! I think it will be loads of fun!

BeckySC said...

I had a lot of trouble with french knots before I went to work for my LNS...I learned from Carol an employee there how to do them and now I am actually good at them-but I used to always leave them off or add beads :)

ME TOO!! Looking forward to seeing the lottery entries....we are having so much fun aren't we ????

Have a wonderful weekend!