Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Where's my little girl?

Krissy is growing up so fast that it is making my head spin! First of all this weekend we measured the kids and to my amazement Krissy is a whole inch taller than me. I am the first to admit that I am height challenged (I am not short!) and stand 5' 00" tall. As if that wasn't bad enough she came home from school yesterday to inform me that she has been invited to her first dance! It is a Halloween Dance sponsored for her band class and guess who has been asked to chaperone? Mike and I!! However Krissy has already said she doesn't want Mike to chaperone but she would be okay with me chaperoning. I haven't decided if I am going to chaperone or not.

On top of all that Krissy is having a sleep over for her birthday this year. So far she has 3 girls that she is inviting which should lead to an interesting evening. So far the plan is to go out for pizza and then go to the movies. I have already made the girls mad by telling them we(Mike and I) will be going to the same movie as they will but they don't have to sit with us. The girls weren't exactly pleased about that but I know one of the girls has a boyfriend and I think they were all planning to meet up at the movies. Krissy isn't allowed to date yet so I am not letting them pull a fast one on me. I mean I was 12 once not that long ago so I know some of the tricks that they are going to try and pull. What happened to my cute little baby girl??

I did not get a lot of stitching done this weekend because Mac had a friend spend the weekend with us. I did manage to go to the fabric store and buy some new fabric. Allie wants to make a poncho for herself. She wants it to go over her Halloween costume (which she hasn't decided on) and picked out some really pretty fabric. The fabric she picked isn't exactly poncho material but we are going to go ahead and give it a try.

No comments: