Tuesday, July 12, 2005

SBQ of the Week

Today's "Stitching Blogger's Question" is:

What do you do when you have some sort of obligation stitching to do, but don't want to do it?

Normally when I choose a pattern to stitch it is mainly because I like how the pattern looks and seldom have a problem finishing. Once in awhile I do get asked to stitch a design that I just plain don't like. For instance, my brother loves eagles and had me stitch him a bald eagle and make it into a throw pillow for him. It took me 4 long months to complete it. When it was finally finished I told him that he had better like it as it was such a pain in the you-know-what to stitch. However, within 2 months of completing the pillow his dog shredded it into a millions pieces of fabric.

The only was I know how to deal with not wanting to stitch a pattern is just to dive in and force myself to get it finished. I don't like to force myself to stitch a project but if I don't it will never get finished. I have been fortunate and can count on one hand how many times I have stitched something that I didn't like. I have been even luckier with the SBRR and that I love all the patterns every one has chosen. Maybe it is not luck, maybe I am just not a picky stitcher.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear what happen to your bald eagle pillow. Do you have a pic of it before and after?