Sunday, July 17, 2005

A Good Afternoon

Yesterday was a good day for me. My floss that I had to order for the SBRR-dragons finally arrived. I was starting to worry that it wasn't going to arrive in time but it is here now and I am going to start stitching on it tomorrow evening. It has been killing me to wait until tomorrow to finish the stitching and backstitching but I won't get a free moment until then. Tonight I have 2 extra girls spending the night with Krissy and Allie. Mac is spending the night at his friend's house tonight and then we have to go out to his house at lunch time for a birthday party/cook-out. So I don't foresee a quiet moment from now until then.

While I was picking up my floss I was looking at the cross stitch patterns and I found a new pattern that I just had to buy. I bought Teresa Wentzler's Woodland Faerie. I was having a hard time choosing between that one and The Fortunate Traveler. I probably will end up going back and buying The Fortunate Traveler when I pick up some more floss that I ordered.

I wanted to thank everyone for commenting on Allie's piece. She is giving stitching a break and is now making some pillows. When I went shopping I had to buy some fabric and Allie saw some Bratz fabric and bought it with her allowance. She has one finished and is working on another pillow. She has me running to the craft store more for her than I do for myself.

1 comment:

Schokti said...

Looking forward to seeing your faerie progress, Dawn! She is in my stash too - perhaps one day we should SAL together!