Monday, July 25, 2005

Quick and Easy Snack

After getting off work this morning I was hungry for something sweet to eat. It is extremely hot outside and didn't want to be hot myself so I knew I wanted something simple and quick. Cinnamon Coffee Cake!! My mom gave me this recipe a few years ago and it is delicious! I don't know where she got it from but I am pretty sure it came off of the back of a box somewhere.

BATTER
2 cups Bisquick
3 TBLE sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
2 TBLE shortening or oil ( I use oil.)

TOPPING
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 TBLE Bisquick
2 TBLE butter(works best if chilled)

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 in pan. Mix all the ingredients for the batter. Batter will be slightly lumpy. Pour the batter into the pan. Mix the dry ingredients for topping. Cut the butter and add to the dry ingredients. Sprinkle the topping mixture onto the batter. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Let stand for 10 min before serving.

So while I am reading some blogs I will eat my coffee cake and drink my Cherry Coke.

1 comment:

Renee said...

hmm... that sounds good. I may have to try it. :)