Saturday, December 29, 2007

A Finish and Progress

I noticed today that I hadn't posted a picture of this little finish I did last month. It is the same pattern (Peony by CCN) that I used in Mylene's birthday gift except that I finished this one into a needleroll. I was satisfied on how it turned out considering this was the second time (for me) finish with a lining for the needleroll. I still need practice on that particular way of finishing!


Now for a progress pic on Topaz. :) I was working at a nice pace yesterday until I ran out of DMC 3350. I think I will work on filling in the rest of the flower tonight. :)

I'm slowly making my way through my blog feeds. It's amazing how fast they pile up when you aren't paying attention! Be assured even if I am not commenting a lot I am reading your blogs. :)

Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

Meari said...

Your needleroll turned out nice, Dawn. I'm enjoying the progress you're making on Topaz. Good job!

Ranae said...

The needleroll is so pretty.
Topaz is looking more and more beautiful then ever.
It seems like I cant keep up with my blog reading and commenting either.
Good Luck with the 2008 goals, you have some neat pieces picked out.
Happy Holidays!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Topaz is looking just great!!!

Anonymous said...

Your needleroll is stunning - great job :D

Hazel said...

Hi Dawn! Can't believe how many of your posts I have missed! You've been busy stitching some lovely stuff. Love the needleroll. xx

Judith said...

Your needleroll looks beautifull. And Topaz looks beautifull. I was also far behind in blogfeeds, but I am now again pretty up to date.

Anonymous said...

Your needleroll is gorgeous. It's always a pleasure to see your progress on Topaz.

stitcherw said...

Topaz is looking so pretty, and your needleroll turned out gorgeous. I've seen the pattern, but never would have thought to finish it that way, it works perfect for it.
Sue

Sally said...

Wow, your needleroll is gorgeous Dawn. I would never have thought of finishing this piece as a needleroll. It works really well.

Topaz is coming along beautifully.

Sharon said...

I love the needleroll, very pretty-especially with the fabric on the edges. I have yet to try this type of finish. Topaz is looking great!

Dawn B. said...

Lovely work
HAPPY NEW YEAR