Monday, December 03, 2007

Allie's Stocking Finished!

I thought I was going to have Allie's stocking finished yesterday but Bitsy decided to autograph the stocking with her paw prints. Apparently Bitsy had been playing in my plants and left dirty paw prints on the fabric. Grrrr...I was able to get the dirt out but now that it was completely wet I was going to have to wait for the fabric to dry.

This morning I finished putting the final stitches in Allie's name and proceeded to do the sewing part. In the picture, the blank area above the name looks like it is sewn uneven but I promise this is an optical illusion!


Here is the backing fabric Allie picked for her stocking.


Yesterday I went up to our LNS for our monthly stitchers group. I had fun but since the stocking was at home drying I brought the current gift I am stitching but since it is one over one and the lighting wasn't really good enough for one over one stitching I ended up looking at all the wonderful patterns. Ah...3 hours to look at patterns and not have a child tugging at my shirt wanting to leave!! I was very good and only purchased a few items since I had just bought stuff the day before:)

This weekend I accumulated:

Beatrice-The Trilogy

Britty Bunny-Brittercup Designs

Trimming the Tree-Lavender Wings

package of needles

1 yard white 32 Belfast

2 wood boxes

2 pkgs mill hill beads (for topaz fairy...still have a lot to get!!)

I'm not sure what exactly I am going to work on today. I need to finish the gift I'm working on but I have something in mind for the Frosty Friends exchange. I have already finished something for the exchange but I came across something I think would be better but that remains to be seen!

That has to wait until I get my errands done for today! I have to buy groceries and the post office but it is kind of cold outside and I don't want to go outside. However, I have to do it...for some reason the kids think that they will die if there isn't food here for them to devour when they walk in the door after school. Enough talking about it...I have to get my butt up and do it! :)

Enjoy your day!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

That stocking looks GREAT! I sure Allie will love it. You have been so busy stitching, of course you can add to your stash. Your list of 2007 finishes is impressive.

My Life In Stitches said...

the finished stocking is wonderful!
Happy stitching,
Annette

Lori Thornton said...

I always love Britty Kitty designs. This one looks like it was rather quick and easy (as are most of the Britty Kitty ones).

Jenna said...

Allie's stocking looks wonderful; I'll bet she's just over the moon with it. I'm impressed with how many stockings you are whipping out this year!

Ranae said...

The stocking is a stunning finish, Congrats!!

Hannah said...

It's just as lovely as all of your other stockings have been!!! :) Congratulations on completing another!

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Congrats on totally finishing Allie's stocking. It is just amazing.

Mylene said...

Allie's stocking is sooo beautiful and so neatly done. Congrats!
Great stash you have bought, enjoy!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow Dawn, you have just been so productive! The stocking looks just great!

Carol said...

Awesome job on Allie's stocking!

staci said...

Congrats! Allie's stocking looks wonderful :)

Carla said...

Beautiful stocking...great job Dawn!

Paisley said...

Allie's stocking looks great! Fabulous job on the finishing!