Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Penguin Tin

I hope everyone is having a GREAT day! We have had a pretty great day here. The kids woke up and opened presents and immediately headed off their separate ways to try out the new gifts. Krissy took over the bathroom with her new flat iron and make up. Allie spread out on the floor with her new markers and velvet poster and Mac is lounging in the chair playing his new GBA game. Now we are just waiting for Christmas lunch to be ready! :)

Renee (and her kitties) got here late Saturday evening. She hand delivered Egyptian Sampler to me! I can't wait to start on it. I am going to try and hold off till Jan 1 to start it but if it keeps calling me I might end up starting it sooner than Jan 1. My plan is to work on Topaz Fairie to keep me distracted. :)

Since Renee came to visit I was able to give her Christmas gift in person. I made her this cute little tin. It is stitched one over one on 32 count fabric. If you remember a few weeks ago when i cut my hand I was working on a gift. This is the one that I was working on so blood, sweat and tears really went into making this one!



I modeled the inside like a tin I received from Vonna with a magnetic strip. I really love the strip as I use it to keep track of needles.


I hope everyone is having a very Merry Christmas!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The penguin tin is adorable.

Merry Christmas to you all too!

Aussie Stitcher said...

Your penguin tin turned out very cute, hope you are having a great time with you friend. Loved seeing the photo of you and Mike, you both look wonderful.

Heather said...

Cute tin! I am glad you got to see your friend :D

I hope you have a Merry Christmas too :D

Lennu said...

It's a very cute tin! Have a wonderful Christmas you too!

The Silver Thistle said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas day! You made a lovely job of the penguin tin!

Karin said...

Your penguin tin is very cute! Glad that you had a great Christmas and were able to spend it with friends.

Von said...

A very Merry Christmas to you too, Dawn, as well as Boxing Day, and a tremendously Happy New Year!! :D

Sharon said...

Just absolutely adorable! congrats on a great finish.

Dani - tkdchick said...

That penguin Tin is so cute!

Sally said...

How cute is this tin! What a lovely finish!

Anonymous said...

What a cute tin! I love those magnetic strips. :)