Saturday, December 15, 2007

An Early Gift

I got a nice surprise from Mike last evening. He got me a new stitching chair! It's a glider chair and I love it! I already tried it out last evening and it works perfectly for me to sit and stitch plus it is so COMFY:)

When I stitch I usually sit cross legged with a throw blanket over my legs which has been a problem lately since my puppy dog has been claiming it as hers lately. So, this morning, I decided I was going to buy me a new throw blanket to match my new chair AND so I won't have to fight my dog for my blanket. :) Sounds good doesn't it? LOL Anyways, I found this adorable dark blue blanket with snowflakes all over it and it is really soft! Problem now is Mac is trying to steal my blanket. Hmmm....maybe Santa will bring him one so he will leave mine alone.

I worked on Topaz yesterday and finished her face, hair, and other arm. I also managed to frog out all the stitches in the wing I messed up. I am going to put her away for just a little while to work on the Fob Exchange and the Valentine Exchange. I have an idea for the Fob Exchange and will start on it after I get off of the computer. :)

This morning I ran my errands as fast as I could trying to get home before the rain turned to ice/snow. In doing this I messed up and went to the PO last when I should have went there first! I thought they closed at noon on Saturdays but I was wrong by an hour. I got there at 11:10 am and they were closed! A little while after that is when it started to snow here. :) We didn't get anything measurable but it was pretty to look at while it lasted.

12 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Enjoy your new stitchy chair! Sounds comfy!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a dream chair Dawn!! Enjoy it you lucky girl!

Becky K in OK said...

Ooh, a new comfy chair. Congrats to you and to Mike for getting you such a great gift. Happy stitching.

Anonymous said...

A new chair sounds great! Fight off that doggie and keep your blankie! LOL

Anonymous said...

Our PO closes early on Saturdays, too. AND they close for an hour each day during lunchtime LOL

Congrats on the new chair... sounds nice :)

stitcherw said...

Your chair sounds wonderful, and how cute on the blanket. Although you may find that no matter what blanket you give Mac, the one you have will always be the one that is wanted.

Topaz is looking so pretty, looking forward to seeing an updated picture of your progress on her.
Sue

Dani - tkdchick said...

Dawn, how wonderful that Mike got you a stitching chair! I've put a lazy-boy on my wish list I doubt I'll get it LOL.


I've learnt with animals no matter if you get them their own blanket/pillow/etc. They still want yours!

Glad to hear that the storm didn't hit you too hard.

Jen said...

Congratulations on the new chair. One of the most important things about stitching is having just the right place to sit and do it.

Hazel said...

I fancy one of those chairs for breatfeeding in lol! Don't know if we got enough space for one though. xx

Meari said...

I think your doggie was conspiring so that you'd get a new blanket! ;-) Enjoy your new stitching chair. it sounds wonderful.

Heather said...

Nice, a new chair! That will be great to have.

Michelle said...

Congrats on the new stitching chair! What a great gift!