Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Topaz Weekend Progress

As I mentioned in yesterday's post I did work a little bit on Topaz Fairie this past weekend. I filled in the rest of her arm and worked on the other wing. While I was stitching I did find an error in the opposite wing so now I have to frog the whole wing. I am not looking forward to that so I am putting it off as long as possible!



Also, I did get a chance to finish Joyeux Noel into an ornament. I didn't have anything Christmasy looking to match so I opted for a matching pink. For some reason I can't get a really good picture of Joyeux Noel. The linen is actually a smoky blue color and is really pretty but for some reason it looks grey and dull. I am going to blame it on the rain we have been having.


I am not sure if I will get any stitching done today as I have to clear out a spot in the living room for the Christmas Tree. We have an artificial tree due to our allergies so I also have to dig it out of the storage area. I have been putting it off because this will be Claudia's and Bitsy's first Christmas tree and I am not ready for them to bat at the ornaments or climb the tree.
Enjoy your day!

11 comments:

Meari said...

Your ornie is beautiful. Congrats on the finish. Making nice progress on TF... :)

Carla said...

sorry abou the mistake you made on TF :(
Your ornie turn out lovely!

Hazel said...

Great finishing on your ornie. xx

Becky K in OK said...

The ornament turned out lovely. Congrats.

Mylene said...

Sorry about the frogging. The ornament looks great though.

Have a great week.

Kate said...

Argh, attack of the frog! I always hate frogging, but it's a toss up between the effort of restitching, and the knowledge that there's a mistake in the stitching. That always bugs me.

The ornie turned out cute. Have fun putting up the chrissy tree.

Paisley said...

Sorry about the frogs coming to visit. :-(

Your ornament looks great! Very pretty!

Carol said...

Sweet ornament! The fabric looks just perfect for it.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Lovedly ornament, sorry to hear you have to do some frogging that just sucks!

Sharon said...

Nice progress on your topaz fairy. Your ornament came out lovely.

Sally said...

Topaz looks gorgeous, for all you have to frog her wing.

Love your Joyeaux Noel ornament.