Thursday, December 06, 2007

Trimming the Tree

Remember the secret gift I was going to work on? Well, I finished it but I can not finish it how I wanted to do the finishing. Stupid me, didn't leave enough extra room for the finishing. There is enough room for it to be finished into an ornament so all is not lost. I was really hoping to finish it today in the particular method I had in mine....grrr!


I am not sure what I will work on later today. Either it will be Topaz Fairie or I will start on Mac's stocking. He is trying to act like it doesn't matter that his stocking may not be done but I can tell that isn't true so I am going to try and finish it in time. The only thing I am really worried about is getting my Kreiniks in at the LNS in time if not I may have to figure out some other substitution for them. We haven't picked out the fabric for his stocking yet but I have a sneaky feeling the fabric he does pick out probably won't have a Christmas theme.
I can't believe that Christmas will be here in 20 days!! It sure doesn't feel like it here. We haven't had a first snow this year yet. :( Snow is the whole reason I love winter time! The closest we have gotten to snow this year is this morning when it started raining and it was mixed with ice but that last a whole 10 minutes. I know because Bitsy decided to dart out the door and I had to chase her around in the yard while it was raining!
Since it is raining and is cold I think I will heat up some water and have a cup of hot chocolate and decide what to stitch on today. :)
Enjoy your day!

5 comments:

Carla said...

So cute! Sorry you can't finish it as you wanted but I'm sure it will look so nice as a ornie :)

Danielle said...

This looks great! My favorite part is the lights winding into the reindeer's antlers and all around the piece.

I'm just curious, how did you want to finish it? I only ask because I am just learning to finish things besides framing them and I've come across a lot of different techniques.

I'm sure it will look great as an Xmas ornament.

Jennifer said...

We just got our first real snow of the season here and it was just so pretty last night watching the snow come down.

Here's hoping you get yours soon!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you will be very busy for the next 20 days! LOL

Stay warm ... hot chocolate sounds yummy!

Dani - tkdchick said...

You want snow? I've got inches and inches of it!!! Winter's going to be a long one this year since we've had snow so early.

I'm glad you can salvage your ornie.