Monday, October 29, 2007

I started another little ornament from the 2006 JCS Ornament issue. This one is from Blue Ribbon Designs. Only problem with this pattern that I have encountered is there was no DMC conversion. I really hate it when a patten uses special threads and don't give the DMC conversion. I am terrible on choosing my own threads! I admit I am cheap and seldom buy the hand dyed flosses. Why? I can not justify spending $2-$6 for one skein of floss for myself. I would rather spend the extra money on yummy fabric or a great pattern.


This week looks like it could be a very interesting week. Mac has after school detention tomorrow. Last week he didn't turn in a paper and was warned he would get one if he didn't turn it in the next day. I had no idea this paper was even due! So now, his teacher and I have a daily homework page that his teacher has to initial and I have to initial so we are both aware of missing work.
Also this week, I have to pull out our fall/winter clothes. I swear I just put them away, too! I have a sneaky feeling that Mac has outgrown all of his clothes from last year. He went through a small growth spurt this summer. The girls I'm not too worried about. I think Krissy (14 yrs) is as tall as she will get at 5'2". Allie (12 going on 13) on the other hand is a mere 4'10". What can you expect? I am only 5'00 tall! LOL. They didn't get any of their dad's genes. He is 6'1" so Mac still has hope:)
Have a great day!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

If not your children, your grandchildren. I'm 5'4". My mother is 5'5". My father is 5'10". My sister is 6'! How? My grandfather (and his brothers) was 6'4". My grandfather's height skipped a generation, but it did allow my sister to play basketball.

Anonymous said...

I'm sort of the same about the floss, although I do enjoy seeing what other people do with them!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Lovely little start Dawn! If you're not good at picking colours,google the company name and DMC conversion there's a lot of them out there on the net.

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Very cute start...I am with you though, I think they should all have optional conversions. Not everyone can afford the overdyes or even likes stitching with them.

Anonymous said...

Your ornament is coming along nicely. I don't usually use the hand-dyed colors either.

Carol said...

Oh I agree with you - it really is a bugger when they don't give us conversions - even if it is Anchor and they don't convert to DMC, I hate doing the work and trusting myself too!!! So far, though, your ornament looks great!

Hazel said...

I feel the same way about threads, I like to have the choice. I know on Thread Bears website they do do a conversion of some threads to dmc and anchor. May be worth checking it out. xx

Cheryl said...

It is so annoying when they dont give conversions! Hand dyed threads are so expensive over here, i only use them occasionally

Carla said...

Good start Dawn...your DMC conversion looks great!