Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Peasant for Krissy

About a week ago I picked up a pattern for a peasant shirt for Krissy. I finally got around to cutting the material out and got the body sewed together before I had to put it away last night. All I had left to do this morning was add the sleeves and the hemming. One benefit of my daughter being the same size in clothes as me is I don't have to have her here for the adjustments!


It looks like it should be a pretty quiet evening (once dinner is over) so I am going to work on Woodland Faerie. I have been working on her about once a week but since it is backstitching (there is a ton of it, too!) it really doesn't look too different.
I want to thank everyone for all the wonderful comments on my Halloween box. I bought the box from Hobby Lobby and simply covered it with fabric, glue, ribbon, and my stitched piece. The bad thing is that it's already empty of chocolate...lol!

12 comments:

Becky K in OK said...

Glad to hear that the Halloween box got broke in with some goodies!
Nice blouse.

Heather said...

What a cute shirt! Great job Dawn :) I have the info you sent me to make the gaucho pants, but haven’t tried them yet :) I am scared to try to make clothes for some reason! Eek!

Backstitching is a pain, but worth it, keep on going. I love your Woodland Fairy project.

The Silver Thistle said...

I'm very impressed by people who know they're way round a sewing machine and can dressmake! I can just about sew a straight line with mine.........almost, lol.

Aussie Stitcher said...

I love your cube and your box, well done. Krissy will look lovely in her new top, how handy for you that you are the same size.

Hazel said...

Thats a fab shirt. Love the sleeves. Wish I could sew! Al the best with your goals. xx

Carla said...

Nice shirt!

Cindy said...

Nice blouse :) The sleeves are so unique.

Pam @ Heart2Heart said...

Oh, love the shirt! I need to start making some clothes again, once I find my sewing machine LOL. Looking forward to seeing progress on your Woodland Fairie.

Anonymous said...

The shirt looks great. Don't feel bad about refilling your box! :)

Hannah said...

Nice job on the shirt! I'd totally wear it :)

Carol said...

Awesome job Dawn! The top is adorable!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Lovely piece of clothing for your daughter!