Saturday, March 10, 2007

Stash and Fur Babies

Today has turned out to be a pretty good day for me. I was able to get my normal shopping done early enough that I could stop by and see if my order was in at the LNS. Sara was upset to tell me that my order hadn't arrived but it was quickly forgotten as she had just moved a bunch of her patterns to the clearance. My self control just flew out the window and didn't come back for about an hour! My daughter, Allie, dragged me out with 40 skeins of DMC and 11 new patterns. You just gotta love the clearance section!

I don't have a progress picture of WF because I haven't finished adding the blending filament to the wings but since I got my floss there will visible progress soon. :) Instead, I have a couple of pictures of my fur babies to share. Girly is a 2 1/2 year old Labrador/terrier mix and is a whopping 13 inches tall from floor to shoulder but she weighs 40 pounds! Her partner in crime is Zoey, a year old kitty. They both share traits of a dog and a cat. Zoey loves to play fetch and will bring a ball back to you every time and Girly likes to groom herself like a cat!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The two of them have an excellent relationship. It isn't unusual to see Zoey pounce on Girly with all her claws out and then the two of them roll around on the ground. Now, to me, this is normal because growing up on a farm I always had a dog and a cat and all of them have gotten along. However, I am amazed when someone that hasn't had both or no pets before asks if my dog tries to kill my cat because dogs are "supposed" to chase and hurt cats. That myth is completely wrong.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Now I am not saying they are complete angels because they are far from that! By far, Zoey has the ornery crown and thinks that 4 am is the time to bring a ball and drop it on my head! Girly has an internal clock that is eerily on time...which means on off days there is no on/off button I can hit!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had fun at the LNS, I love sales because you always save $$ :). Your pet pics are cute.

Kitty Couture said...

Cute pets, Dawn!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I know what you mean about the internal clock. Phoebe knows when it is 5 PM. Every day. She starts bugging for her dinner. It's amazing!

Stitching Mama said...

They are adorable!!!

Spring break is starting out kind of rough... lol.

Kids are going crazy.

ollie1976 said...

Your kids are absolutely precious! Great job at the store!