Saturday, June 25, 2005

Starting A Rotation

Lately I have been considering starting a rotation for my stitching. Right now I do not use any sort of rotation, I just stitch away on a piece until I get bored or frustrated with it and then I pick up another one and stitch on it the same way. So my plan is to start doing a rotation of one piece for each week. Currently I have two WIP's (ABC Bears and Geisha) and my RR piece. For the last two weeks I have been doing a "trial rotation" of one piece each week. This past week I have worked on ABC Bears and the week before that I had worked on Geisha. So far it seems to be working out pretty good for me. I have made significant progress on each one during the week that I stitched on them so I think I will keep doing the rotation.

I went to the local craft store to purchase my Kreinik #4 VF braid colors that I need for my RR and found out that they had all but one color I needed. I had planned on working on the dragons this week but it looks like it will be next week before I start on my dragon but you never know I might just go ahead and work the areas that don't use the Kreinik.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Ah, welcome to the world of rotation stitching! I started doing it this year and feel I will never stitch any other way again. It is such a great way to get a lot of pieces done, while never getting tired of doing any of them :-) I hope you enjoy it too!

Kiwi Jo said...

A belated Happy Anniversary Dawn! I've only been married for 9 months so have a lot of catching up to do. Good luck for the rotation. I'm not too sure about mine but we'll see how it goes.