Thursday, June 16, 2005

May Your Sorrows


Here is another one of my "oldies". This one was done in 2002 while we were living in Omaha. It was stitched on 14 count oatmeal aida. I used 2 strands(loop method) of DMC floss. I got the pattern out of a magazine called "Cross Quick" from Apr/May 1989. Our library here has a room where all the books are a quarter. I found this treasure there and best of all the lady informed me that all the magazines were free!!

I managed to find three issues of this particular magazine. I have the premier issue, Feb/Mar 1989, Apr/May 1989. The best part was that they all were in great condition. My mother while going garage sale shopping she found an old issue of "Cross Stitch & Country Crafts" from Sept/Oct 1988 and bought it for me for fifty cents. All of these magazines have some great patterns to stitch.

No comments: