Wednesday, June 29, 2005

SBQ of the Week

Thanks to Karen F. (http://stitchmania.blogspirit.com/) for today's"Stitching Blogger's Question" and that is:

When starting a new project, do you start in the middle? If you do,once you've worked down to the bottom, do you turn your chart and fabric around so that you are stitching the top section downwards again or do you just stitch upwards from the middle?

When I start a project I always stitch from the center outwards. The order in which I stitch really depends on how many pages/folds are in the chart. If there are only 2 halves I stitch from the center downwards and then start from the center again and stitch upwards. If a chart happens to divided into quarters I locate my center point and stitch one page at a time. My method of stitching from center down and center up is still the same. I have tried turning my work and chart upside down but I find that way I have a tendency to miscount more often.

No comments: