Friday, June 10, 2005

Catching Up This Week

A person would think that since it is summer vacation time that I would have more time to stitch but so far I have had less time to stitch than I do during the school year! I did start the Geisha pattern this week. I could not resist. The colors that are used are really pretty. I already know that I am not going to get rid of this one. I just have to figure out where to put it.

I have been teaching my two daughters, Krissy (11) and Allie (10) to stitch. It has gone just as I thought it would. Krissy has lost all interest in stitching so that leaves Allie. Allie is doing pretty good so far. She is stitching a small cat pattern. She likes to bring her stuff into the front room and stitch with me. I have told her when she finishes the piece we will post for everyone to see but don't hold your breath waiting for her to finish. Allie is a very active girl. Since it is summer time she is either doing cartwheels across the yard or walking backwards everywhere so I don't know if she will sit still long enough to finish it.

This week I also started getting my fabric ready for the RR I joined. I am going to stitch the border in 3371 DMC floss. I am using a 20"x 24" white evenweave fabric. There will be five 6"x 7" area blocks for each stitcher to stitch the pattern. So far everything seems to be going fine....knock on wood.

No comments: