Friday, June 08, 2007

Quiet Day

I can safely say that today has been a lot quieter than yesterday! Allie is sore but doing fine. We did learn last night that she still can't take pain killers because they have the adverse effect on her system! Oh yeah, this child was bouncing off the walls until late last night! The last time she had pain killers was in 1996 from another hand injury and I swore then that she would never take any more pain medicines! At least she isn't complaining of pain so I don't have to feel bad about not giving her pain medicine:)

Over the past few days I have managed to make some good progress on Geisha. I really love the colors in this pattern. They are so bright and cheerful.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am hoping to have a good stitching weekend. Mike is off and as far as I know we don't have any plans:) I do know I would like to make a trip to the LNS to pick up a few things I need but I'll have to see how the day goes.

Thank you for all the caring comments on Allie. She truly appreciates them:) I hope everyone has a great weekend!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

The colors are beautiful. I love the ferns on the kimono.

Charlene said...

Wow .. the kimono look colorful. Love it. Looking forward for your next progress.

cathymk said...

It looks beautiful already Dawn! I love the colours too.

So sorry to read about Allie's injury! Sounds like she was very brave. When I was in high school one of my friends did the same thing in home economics (you can imagine the fuss we all made - 30 teenage girls all in hysterics).

Jenn said...

Geisha is looking good. I'm glad to hear that Allie is feeling better. I hope this hasn't put her off sewing.

Jennifer said...

Looking gorgeous already! I love the colors.

ollie1976 said...

Geisha's looking great!
-Jen

Aussie Stitcher said...

Poor Allie, hope her finger improves soon. Geisha is looking wonderful Dawn, love the colors.

Joanne

Sue said...

Geisha looks lovely. Very pretty stitching ;)

BeckySC said...

WOW, you got a lot done, Dawn! It's looking great!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

WOW...I love it...your right the colors are gorgeous :)
Glad Allie is handling everything ok!

Hannah said...

The geisha is coming along nicely. Glad to hear your daughter isn't in pain.

Do you know if her pain med has codeine in it? Codeine is supposed to make you drowsy, but it keeps me wide awake, so I stay away from it. I wonder if it could be the same for her?

stitcherw said...

Glad Allie is feeling better, and your Geisha is looking lovely, the colors are so pretty.
Sue

Dani - tkdchick said...

That Kimono sleeve looks lovely!

Anonymous said...

You are making fabulous progress. :)