Friday, January 05, 2007

A Shocking Present

Last week while talking to my brother, he asked if I would like to have his old (it is only about a year old) digital camera. I told him that I would like it but I didn't give it much thought. I love my brother to death but most of the time when asks if I would like something it never shows up. So later that day, when I got an email from my brother telling me that he had mailed the camera to me I still wasn't going to hold my breath.

When I got home Wednesday night there was a small package waiting for me from my brother. I can not put in words at how shocked I was that my brother actually sent something he said he was going to send! That is when I looked at the handwriting and realized that it was his girlfriends' handwriting. So now I get to tease him that he actually didn't mail it! :)

In the package, he sent some stuff for Mike and the camera. Here is where the "Townsend Luck" begins. My brother had already told me he couldn't find the software for the camera. No biggie I could get that with no problem. What I didn't think about was the cable for the camera. At first Mike thought he had one in his pile of computer stuff. Nope, no such luck. So now I have to make a run to the store to get that.

I did get the software installed and borrowed a cord from a friend and played around for a little while. My balloon burst when I transferred the pictures to the computer and realized that the bottom part of the pictures were either cut off or had a solid color running across the bottom. Grrr..now I have to uninstall and reinstall the program or at least I hope that works! Not my idea of fun. By the time this happened it was late so I just went to bed.

I was really hoping to have some pictures to share with you today but it looks like it will be sometime next week.

1 comment:

Lelia said...

Cannot wait to view your pictures! Nice to get the camera from your brother

happy new year