Friday, January 19, 2007

SBQ of the Week

Today's SBQ is:

Have you had a happy dance yet this year? If so, tell us about it! (Or just point to the entry that talks about it.) If not, when do you predict it will be?

I have had 2 finishes this year. My first finish is technically only a half of a happy dance since I haven't finished the finishing. My second finish has to remain a secret until my partner receives it for the Winter Wonderland Exchange(WWE) on the SBEBB.

I had a wonderfully peaceful and relaxing day yesterday. I had no kids to watch from 8 am until 3:30 pm! I took this time to get caught up on some sewing and finished my partner's piece for the WWE. I might add that I am extremely pleased with how it looks, too. :) After having such a good morning I treated myself to one of those rare and precious things in my house called a nap.

We have no plans for this weekend because we could get some more bad weather. We were lucky last storm and didn't lose our power and I am keeping my fingers crossed that we don't lose power with this storm either. If we do lose power, we are lucky enough to be able to to to FIL's house since he has a wood stove.

The thought of a bad snow storm would bring most people's spirits down but not me! The only reason it doesn't is I know that I will get some good stitching done. :) Although, I am not sure if I will get a lot done this weekend since, Krissy, my 13 yr old has decided to try cross stitching again. I can already feel the migraine coming on!

I have been teaching Krissy since she was 5 or 6 but she doesn't have the patience for it. Her main problem is her threads get tangled causing lots of knots. In a normal house, this wouldn't be a major crisis but my house isn't normal! Krissy is a perfectionist. Which means this could end up with Krissy crying and locking herself in her room for hours. The joys of having a teenager! :)

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Stay safe and warm!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHH, the nap! The second best thing to stitching :). I also love snow storms so I can stitch to my hearts content.

CJ in OK ;-) said...

So glad you had a great day, even a nap how wonderful. Your weather sounds close to mine which means staying home but that leaves more stitching time. Hope Krissy has more luck this time. Happy Stitching, CJ

Von said...

I haven't had very good luck teaching my girls to stitch either. However, now that my oldest is married and on her own, she has a very nice xs project she's working on! Yay! My middle daughter is more into painting and drawing, and the youngest can't seem to sit still long enough, lol!