Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Exchanges

I hope everyone had a good New Year's Eve and Day. We had a nice night. We stayed at home with the kids. Allie had a friend spend the night with her. Everyone stayed up to midnight and celebrated with hot chocolate with marshmallows.

New Year's Day was pretty calm. Allie went to spend the night with her friend. Mike and Mac played their games. Krissy was content to have the bedroom to herself for a day so she could listen to music and read her books. That left me free to stitch for awhile. I worked on WF and got a good chunk of page 3 done.

In the past few days I have gotten my names for the Winter Wonderland Exchange on the SBEBB and the Birthday Exchange on The Robin's Nest. I have been looking in my patterns. I think I have the Winter Exchange pattern picked out but I have to order some threads. Since I haven't had to special order anything from my LNS, I am not sure how long it will take. So to be prepared I have a back up pattern picked out and and kitted up ready to stitch.

The Birthday exchange isn't due until December but one can't start too early...or can you? Anyways, while I won't start the actually stitching I am on the look out for the perfect pattern.

I finally made a linen run last weekend. I was a good girl and didn't go overboard. (only because hubby was with me) I bought a 1/2 yard of 32 count oyster linen. That should be enough to keep me busy for awhile.

5 comments:

Lnanaa said...

Look like you will be busy with your exchanges.

Happy New Year to you too! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you too, Dawn :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Happy New Year what a lovely way to celebrate!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Dawn...warmest hugs from Singapore. :)

Mylene said...

Happy New Year to you all and Best Wishes for the year 2007. Hugs.