Thursday, March 02, 2006

SBQ of the Week

Today's SBQ was suggested by Cheryl and is:

What cross-stitch magazines or other publications (as opposed to blogs) do you read on a regular basis? What do you like about them?What do you not like? What would your perfect publication include?

When I purchase a stitching magazine I look for at least 2 patterns that I will stitch but if there isn't at least 2 I won't buy it. There are months when I don't purchase any magazine because nothing appealed to me. I love the patterns the most but I also love the finishing ideas/instructions. My "perfect" magazine would be full of patterns with finishing instructions from the front cover to the very last page.

I was all geared up yesterday to finish the verse on The Fortunate Traveler and then I discovered I had ran out of the green I was using! Ugh! I was not making a trip to the store just for one little skein of floss. I did put in a few stitches but nothing really noticeable. I am hoping to work on it some this weekend to make up for yesterday.

Today I will be working on Deepest Love. Yea!! For some reason I find stitching this pattern soothing to stitch. I think it is the combination of the colors that relaxes me so much.

After school was let out the kids and I took our dog outside to play Frisbee when I noticed these flowers on the other side of the fence. Actually, I think they bloomed last week but it was raining most of the time so I couldn't get a good picture.

Image hosting by Photobucket

2 comments:

Anne S said...

I totally agree with you about the magazines comment - that's my rule of thumb too ... there has to be at least two projects that I 'have' to stitch otherwise it stays on the shelves. Isn't it strange ... my northern hemisphere buddies are heralding in the joys of spring, and here we are down under watching the leaves start to change colour and drop off the trees for the start of autumn :D

Von said...

Yay for Spring!!