Tuesday, May 17, 2005

A Not So Productive Weekend

I have been pretty busy this past weekend so I did not get a chance to get any quality stitching done. First of all we got a new recliner(my stitching chair from now on) and loveseat so that entailed most of Saturday day and evening arranging and rearranging the furniture. Then we had two spare kids spending the night so I did not even get a chance to look at my stitching.

I did find some time to work on the Insect piece Monday and today. I am so close to being finished! All I have left to do is the grasshopper and then sew it into a pillow. I have not worked on my little cherub since last week. With my insect piece so close to being done that I can not really get into stitching anything else.

I have been considering starting another project. It was my very first pattern that I tried several years ago to stitch on eavenweave. I bought the pattern when I was pregnant and on complete bed rest with my son and had all the time in the world to stitch(believe me I did!). It is an ABC bear pattern. This one is definitely a challenge for me as it requires French knots. I will be the first to admit that I used to omit the knots when the pattern called for them. Since that time I have learned how to make them but they are not the best looking knots. This whole pattern is my biggest challenge in awhile so hopefully it will turn out to be a better experience this time around.