Monday, May 30, 2005

25 Stitching Questions

25 Most Asked Stitching Questions:

1. How old were you when you started cross stitching?
--- I was 18 years and 9 months pregnant when my doctor put me on bed rest and I needed something to keep myself occupied until I had my baby.

2. Who taught you to cross stitch?
--- I taught myself how to cross stitch thru trial and error.

3. What inspired you to begin cross stitching?
---I was on bed rest and I am not an avid television watcher. Basically I was going crazy.

4. What has been your most difficult cross stitch piece?
--- That is easy. The Bride by far was the hardest for me for a couple of reasons. It was the first time that I had used blending filament but the main reason was that it was for my best friend and I wanted it perfect for her.

5. Do you have friends that stitch?
--- My best friend, Renee, and a some online friends.

6. What is your favorite stitched piece?
--- It changes each time I finish a piece! When I am done with each one I think that one is my favorite that is until the next one is completed.

7. What is your favorite fabric?
---Eavenweave by far.

8. What is your favorite fiber?
---I strictly use DMC floss and Kreinik because that is all that is available around here.

9. What is your favorite needle?
--- Either a #26 or #28.

10. Do you prefer black & white or colored charts?
---I prefer to use colored charts with symbols but I will use a black and white chart if it isn't too hard to read.

11. How many Works In Progress do you have at this time?
---I currently have one project going at this time. It is a cherub angel from the Dreamsicles line.

12. How many UFO's do you have at this time?
---None.

13. How many cross stitch charts/kits/mags do you own?
---I generally don't buy kits so I only have a few of those. As for charts and magazines I have two file boxes full and I still want more :)

14. How much fabric do you have in stock at this time?
---I don't keep a whole lot of extra fabric on hand. Currently I have some 14count aida cloth and 28 count eavenweave.

15. Where is your favorite place to stitch?
---My stitching corner usually but sometimes I sneak back to the bedroom and stitch in bed.

16. What is your favorite time of day to stitch?
---My favorite time to stitch is when the kids aren't around to distract me. Ideally I like to stitch late in the morning or after they have gone to bed.

17. How many pieces have you stitched in your lifetime?
---Hundreds is all I can say. I have been stitching for 12 years.

18. Do you give your stitched pieces away?
---I give an occasional piece away for a gift but I am generally pretty stingy and keep them for myself.

19. How many different fibers do you have in stock at this time?
---I have the ALL the DMC floss and several spools of Krenik

20. How many pairs of scissors do you own?
---I have a small pair of scissors for my cross stitch and I have a pair of good fabric scissors.

21. Do you use stitching enhancers (lights, scroll frames...etc)?
---The only things that I use are a hoop and a needle. I have tried to use a scroll frame but it was way too awkward for me.

22. How many pieces that have been stitched but not yet framed or finished off in some other way do you have at this time?
---Too many to count! Unless I have a paricular way of finishing a project they get put away until I hit a slump and need to do something else.

23. Do you have a craft/stitching room?
---I don't have a craft room but I have what I call my stitching corner. It is in the corner of the living room and is next to the window for natural light but when it gets dark I have a floor lamp to turn on.

24. Why do you stitch?
---I stitch because it helps me relax and I love to create a picture on fabric. It makes me feel like an artist.

25. What is your most memorable time related to cross stitching?
---I would have to say when my son(he was 4 yrs) managed to step on a cross stitching needle. He had it shoved all the way up into his heel bone so off to the emergency room we went. The whole time my son was not crying all he wanted to see was the blood!

I have saw this popping up in some blogs so I figured I would post it also.

No comments: