Sunday, August 24, 2008

SBQ of the Week

I'm done with the flowers at least for now. :) Who would have thought my favorite flower (magnolias) would be such a pain in the rump to stitch?!



This week's (8/21) SBQ is:

If you had to choose, would you rather spend money on over dyed floss or hand-dyed fabric?

My answer to this one is easy....hand dyed-fabric (to be exact opalescent fabrics..lol). I generally just stitch with DMC. With that being said I do have to admit I will buy over dyed floss for small projects (usually monochromatic designs) but it is usually a visibly variegated color. I love the look of variegated designs!

This made me realize that when I stitch a piece it is usually floss or fabric and not both. Hmmm....could it be the scrooge in me? lol

Enjoy your day!


6 comments:

Sue said...

Wow, what incredible progress you've made ;)

stitcherw said...

That is looking so pretty, and I love the fabric form you found for the Britty Kitty design you finished earlier, it was perfect for it.
Sue

Charlene said...

The progress look wonderful Dawn.

Lillie said...

Looking fabulous and a great progress.

Karin said...

Great progress! Congrats.

Dawn B. said...

This is comming along nice..My oldest would love it.