Friday, April 25, 2008

SBQ of the Week

This week's SBQ was suggested by Christine and is:

How do you handle blended threads? Do you kit the blends up before you start a piece, or do you grab what colors you need and blend when the need arises? If you kit up the blends beforehand, how do you store them? Do you have another option for blends to share?

I am a grab and stitch kind of girl. I have tried to put the blends on a needle and label them but my floss always gets tangled into a massive mess!

Yesterday Mac got the packing removed from his ear. Whoo-hoo!! He also pulled the super glue off the incision behind his ear. Dr. L says everything is healing nicely. However, Mac's good ear has a bunch of fluid behind his eardrum. Dr. L is taking a wait and see attitude on that ear. Grrr...that is exactly why he had to have this surgery in the first place because we took and wait and see attitude! I seriously feel like banging my head against a brick wall!

I have been working on Snowman and Friends this week. I am considering working on this one till it is finished. I haven't had a large finish this year yet and I really would like to have a finish soon!

Enjoy your weekend!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Mac's fluid buildup is just an ear infection. Poor guy. But, glad to hear that the other side is healing up.

Good luck on your stocking. Will you do the finishing yourself to make it into the stocking?

Meari said...

I'm with you on the needles. I only have to keep track of one, and wouldn't want to spent time threading others with blended threads. No thank you... ;-)

Kim B said...

Sending good wishes to Mac! And I can't wait to see your Snowman all finished :)

Michelle said...

So glad to hear Mac's ear is healing well!

Jenna said...

Good news about Mac's one ear and mixed news about the other. I hope that the fluid buildup is nothing serious and reduces on its own.

stitcherw said...

Glad to hear the packing and such is gone from Mac's ear and it is doing well. However, that would be so frustrating on the other ear to get the wait and see attitiude that seems to have caused so many problems before. Hopefully it resolves itself soon, or they decide to act on it earlier. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Loved the little Snowdrop box in your earlier post, very cute and spring like.
Sue