Thursday, November 30, 2006

SBQ of the Week

Today's SBQ is:

How do you secure your thread when you begin a new one? Specifically, do you or have you ever used a waste knot?

Whenever I can , I use the loop method so I don't have to worry about securing my thread. However, when I have blended flosses or 1 strand of thread I always leave a little extra and work my stitches over it. I trim the excess after I have made sure that the thread is secure.

One of the benefits of moving back to Arkansas was that I would get to see snow in the winter time. According to the forecast I should get to see some by this evening. This time yesterday it was 70 degrees and now it is 34 degrees and falling. It has been raining since 5pm last night and it is supposed to turn to sleet/ice. Then it is supposed to turn to snow and they are saying anywhere from 4-6 inches tonight! I am excited!! Not for the bad weather or problems on the road but to SEE snow! I haven't seen snow in the past 6 years while living in Mississippi.

My kids are looking forward to the snow, too. Except that they are hoping for a snow day tomorrow! I am looking forward to seeing my puppy dog's reaction to the snow. She has never seen snow. She loves to go out and play in the rain and loves to attack the frost on the ground so it could prove to be interesting to see.

I had a good day of stitching yesterday. I worked on Woodland Faerie and got some more of the border done. Then last night I started another ornament. This one is A Christmas Wish of Health and Happiness from Blue Ribbon Designs. I wish I could post some pictures but right now I am camera-less due to some kids (not mine) dropping it.

Today I am hoping to finish the Blue Ribbon Designs. If I have time I would like to start Paws Off from Dragon Dreams.

1 comment:

Mylene said...

Sorry to hear about the camera, Dawn. Enjoy the snow when it comes.
Best wishes.