Monday, November 20, 2006

Bad Hair Day

The weekend went by too fast leaving me feeling horrible. I woke up Saturday morning with a sore throat and headache. I managed to pull myself together and go to town and do my shopping that I needed to do. I even managed to stop by the LNS with Mac and Allie in tow! Okay, so I bribed them with a small toy before we got there but at least I was able to browse in peace.

I didn't get a lot of stitching time this weekend but I did manage to start and finish a small piece. I worked on the 2005 JCS Britty Christmas Kitty and finished it. I also started on the 2006 JCS Britty Christmas Puppy and hopefully I will finish it tonight. These two finishes will be ornaments for my mom and her husband for Christmas this year.

I actually got on the ball this year and have started my Christmas shopping early! I have managed to get just about everything except for Krissy's and Allie's "big" present. We usually buy one expensive gift for each of the kids and then the rest of the presents are usually things that they need. I know what I am getting Allie but I have no clue what to get Krissy. The joys of shopping for a teenage girl.

I have to share this horrible hair story with all of you. I went to pick Krissy up from her friend's house Sunday morning and when I got quite a shock. Krissy hair was down past the middle of her back when I dropped her of the night before and now it was above her shoulders! Oh that isn't the bad part! They had tried to layer it for her! Needless to say it wasn't a pretty sight. When we got home I tried to tell hubby what happened and before I could tell him what happened he took one look at Krissy and said "If you want to go and get it fixed, you can". Krissy took that as an insult and ran to her room and slammed the door shut.

I had to explain to hubby that a girls first really bad haircut is a traumatic experience. About 2 hours later, after hubby explained to Krissy that he didn't mean to hurt her feelings but that if she didn't like it we could get it fixed, we headed into town to get her hair fixed. Believe it or not she still wasn't happy about it when we got home. She has decided that nobody but me gets to cut her hair ever again. At least she did come out of her room and go to school this morning. :)

No comments: