Monday, January 07, 2008

WIP Progress

For once, I was looking forward to the alarm going off this morning! Today is the kids' first day back to school this year. Whoo-hoo:) Now, I can actually clean my house and feel like I actually cleaned it.

We had a pretty nice weekend. We didn't do anything special but the weather was unusually warm so Mac and Allie took advantage of it and played outside all day long. Those two keep me in constant supply of Band-Aids, Neosporin, and ice packs!

As for stitching, I worked on Egyptian Sampler Saturday night and almost finished the falcon. I know I have said it before but I really am loving this piece!


Yesterday I decided to work on Topaz Fairie. I didn't get to stitch as much as I wanted to yesterday due to the weather being so nice. I wanted to fill in her dress and one of the flowers but all I got done was the dress. That is okay it is supposed to have rain later today and tomorrow so hopefully I can make up for it then. :)



I want to thank everyone for their comments recently. I have been terrible about reading your blogs and commenting. However, I did decide this morning after seeing my total number of feeds to read that I was not going to be able to get caught up. I hit the dreaded key to mark everything as read so hopefully I can stay caught up now at least for a little while.

Happy Stitching!


12 comments:

Judith said...

Both progress looks nice.
I feel with you on the blogs. I was also very behind these past weeks, but I am finally sort of caught up.

Cathy said...

I know what you mean about feeling like you're not getting any cleaning done. Once the decorations are down, I think I'll finally feel like I can clean.

Chiloe said...

Waow! You are making so much progress!!! I love the fairy !!!

Sue said...

ES looks great and coming along super fast. Your Topaz Fairie is just stunning. She looks like she must be fun to stitch ;)

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Wow, you will be done with Topaz in no time. She is looking fantastic!

Kate said...

Egyptian Sampler is looking fantastic. I can see how you're enjoying stitching it!

Mylene said...

Both progress are coming along great, Dawn.

Sharon said...

Both are looking great-nice progress on Topaz fairy. I completely understand how you felt about the kids going to school today-we love them dearly-but it was nice for a little peace and quiet-LOL

Dawn B. said...

Both WIP are looking great. I know what you mean about cleanning the house while all are gone. We have been having terably warm weather here as well.

Sally said...

Both your WIP are looking great Dawn!

I must start giving the house a good clean now the decorations are down but I just don't feel like it. I'm full of cold but I need to get on with it!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are really cruising through both of these pieces! I am jealous of your stitching pace. :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow Dawn you are just so productive lately!