Thursday, January 24, 2008

SBQ of the Week/ES

I have to say I am rather pleased with the progress I made yesterday on ES considering I had to frog out the upper corner and re-stitch it. Actually, the frogging went pretty smoothly because all the stitches were full stitches. Today I am going to work on the backstitching on the border.



This week's SBQ is:

Have you had a happy dance yet this year? If so, tell us about it! (Or just point to the entry that mentions it.) If not, when do you predict will be?

I have had a happy dance this year but I can't share anything about it yet as it is still trying to find its home. I can't wait to share it either, it turned out really cute!

It has been pretty quiet around here for the past few days. Mac is having a little trouble with his oral antibiotics. He is receiving such a high dose of antibiotics that it is making his stomach hurt and upset. The first night of taking them (Tues) he ended up throwing up all over his room. Bless him, he tried to clean it up and ended up making it worse! Yesterday's morning dosage went fine but I kept in touch with his teacher all day to make sure he was doing fine. However, last night's dosage was repeat of the first night. As if things weren't crazy enough, Mac has developed a bad cough on top of all of this. Dr. L seemed to think that the antibiotics would clear it up but I am not sure that it is helping his cough. So after listening to him cough all night long I kept him home today from school. I just hope I don't get sick!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Golly, Mac has had a ROUGH week! Hope he's feeling better soon.

The ES is coming along beautifully!

Sally said...

I do hope Mac gets better soon. He's having a rough time.

ES is looking good:)

Mylene said...

Another very good progress, Dawn.
Hope Mac feels better real soon.

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

I am totally amazed at how quickly you are stitching this piece. It looks amazing.

Carla said...

Fantastic progress!!!
Can't wait to see ypur first finish of 2008 :)

Becky K in OK said...

ES is looking so pretty. I love it.

Sorry Mac is having a time of it.

How's the new baby, er, I mean puppy doing?

Carol said...

I can see why you are so proud - ES is lovely! So so sorry Mac is struggling - I hope he feels better really soon!