Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Frosty Friends for Joanie

I saw on Joanie's blog that she has received my Frosty Friends exchange. The design is a pattern I received in last year's snowman exchange. It is called Snowie from Twisted Threads. I dyed the fabric and I was pleased with how it turned out. :)

I looked and looked for some wintry type fabric but I couldn't find any so I gave up that battle and settled for this pinkish rose fabric.


Do you see the rotation schedule on the side? IGNORE it! It lasted 5 days I think. I am just not a rotation kind of gal. The only thing that will stay the same will be my SAL with Renee on Sundays.

I want to thank everyone for such positive responses to my tutorial. I just hope that it reads clear enough. I am a very "visual" person so if I can see the process in pictures I can usually figure it out.

Tomorrow Mac gets to go back to see Dr. L. I predict that he will look into his ear and tell me it still isn't better. *sigh* I wonder what problems I will encounter tomorrow. On top of his ear problems or I should say because of the ear problems Mac's schoolwork is starting to go downhill. While his grades are average and passing I know he is capable of more. From last quarter to this quarter he has gone down a whole letter grade. What subject? Reading! So Mac isn't happy with me but we are doing lots of reading at home. Right now we are reading the book Superfudge by Judy Blume and he seems to be enjoying it.

Have a great night!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll recommend "A Rat's Tale" by Tor Seidler. It's a great "boy" book.

I loved reading with my son when he was younger. I still have some of our favorites.

Becky K in OK said...

Such a cute finish. I admire your spunk for dyeing your own fabric.

Lillie said...

Adorable snowman, loved the fabric color and thank you for the tutorial on the box.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Lovely pinkeep for your exhchange!

Deanne J said...

Great exchange, he's so cute

Sue said...

Adorable exchange piece that you stitched.

Sorry to hear that Mac might need surgery ;)

Mylene said...

That's a lovely finished for the exchange and i love the fabric you had used.

Carla said...

Such a cute snowman!!!

Kate said...

Lovely exchange piece! And I love your home-dyed fabric, the colour worked well. :) That's alright, some people just aren't rotators.

A great boy book I've heard about it Andy Griffith's 'The Day My Bum Went Psycho'. Lots of boy humour, as you might have guessed.

Michelle said...

What a sweet exchange - glad it arrived!! I remember reading Superfugde.