What a day it has been! It has been crazy since the moment my feet hit the floor this morning. I woke up and looked out side and knew right away that school was going to be cancelled due to the weather. It started sleeting and snowing sometime during the night and the roads were nasty. I turned the TV on in time to see the name of their school listed in the school closings. Even though school was cancelled I still had to take Mac to his doctor's appointment.
Mac's ear took a turn for the worse sometime during the night. When he woke up this morning he had blood draining from his ear. It wasn't pouring out his ear but there was enough present to make my stomach knot up. Lucky for us his appointment was Dr. L's first one this morning...bad thing was driving on the icy roads! Anyways, Dr. L looks into Mac's ear and decides that it isn't an ear infection but that there was a growth in his ear instead. Okay, I admit I had to ask if it was something Mac possiblly shoved in his ear. Dr. L laughed and said no that it was a mass of skin. Dr. L decides that it is time to go see Dr. B (ENT dr) and let him check Mac out. I was thinking that they would schedule it the next day or so but Dr. L comes back and tells me that I have an apppointment for Mac in one hour. Eeeks!...I have never got into a specialists office that quick! Lucky for us Dr. B has seen Mac before so he knows him and his ears.
We get ushered into a room where Dr. B looks at Mac's ear and confirms that their is mass of scar tissue causing all the problems. I know all the medical terms but I just don't have the energy to go into those details tonight. Bottom line is Mac has so much scar tissue from ear infections that it is has caused a cyst like mass. This mass is what is keeping his infection from getting better. How do we get his ear back to normal now? While we were at Dr. B's office, he took a small biospy of the cyst and told us he thought Mac was going to need surgury to remove the mass from his ear. Nothing is set in writing yet, we are waiting for the results to come back and then we will know more when we go back in for another check up on Feb 18. We haven't told Mac that he might need surgury yet. I don't want to worry him until I can answer all his questions (and mine!).
So far Mac has been a real brave boy though all of this. The doctor kept commenting on how he was being so good and laying still while he was doing the biospy. He has been a little cranky this afternoon but who wouldn't after they day he had!
The bright spot to my day is ....it is snowing!!! I know I am crazy but I love snow:) These weren't little snowflakes either! These were perfect for catching on your tongue. Girly was extremely happy to see the snow. She ran around and rolled in the snow until she was completely white. I tried to take a picture but she wouldn't stay in the same spot for more than 2 seconds! Gracie wasn't too impressed with the cold white stuff. LOL
I am off to find something to stitch on...I need to release some stress! :)