Monday, April 18, 2005

Celestial Piece

I have finished all the cross stitching on my Celestial piece. I still have a lot of backstitching to finish. I think that the backstitching will really make this piece stand out. (At least I am hoping it does!) However since I am at the backstitching phase it is time to put it aside or I will lose complete interest if I do not. I have set it aside and I am working with eavenweave.

A long time ago I tried to work with eavenweave and it was a mess so I had never tried again until a week ago. After seeing and reading about other bloggers who are using it and they seem to like it I decided to give it another try. So far everything is going great. I am amazed at how neat my back of my piece is turning out. When I work with aida cloth it seems like I have a problem keeping them neat. They are a lot neater than they used to be as I use the "loop" method when I can. Another thing that I like so far about eavenweave is that it looks ten times better...almost professional! I think that I am going to love working with it now. Most of my problem before hand is that I was trying to stitch free hand and I have come to the conclusion that I have to use a hoop. The other problem that played a major downfall was that the eavenweave I used before isn't like the kind I have now. The strings weren't woven together tightly and also I was miss counting squares/holes. As the old adage goes: Practice makes perfect :)

1 comment:

Carol said...

Oooo, that looks nice!