Monday, June 09, 2008

Nice Weekend

We had a pretty nice weekend. We didn't do much on Saturday and I didn't feel like cooking so we ordered pizza. We order the same thing each time we go in and never have had a problem with our order so I didn't look at the pizzas until we got home. I opened the first 2 pizzas and they smelt delicious but when I opened up the third this awful smell hit my nose and I literally ran over the kids running to the bathroom. What was supposed to be a hamburger pizza was a cheeseburger pizza. It was the smell of cooked pickles that sent me running. The kids at this point are still willing to try it and let's just say their reactions were pretty close to mine! We learned a valuable lesson that night....Never order a cheeseburger pizza!!

I worked on the little one's quilt Saturday night. I added the border to the front and was ready to pin it together when I decided I didn't really like the fabric for the backing. So now I have to make a fabric run sometime this week. :)

Sunday was relaxing day as the guys went fishing and us girls had the house to ourselves. I worked on Harvest Witch and finished all the back stitching on her. I started working on the very last part....back stitching the web. This have proven to be a big pain! The design calls for blending filament but when I stitched it on the fabric it didn't show up. This means I have to blend something with it to make it show up or I just don't stitch it at all. So, that is the reason for no progress picture of her this week. If I decided not to stitch the web, then I am officially done with her.,

I'm not sure what the kids and I are doing today. I needed to do some shopping but it is raining and I don't feel like dealing with traffic in the rain AND 3 kids in the car. Maybe I will curl up on the couch and crochet. :)

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Kim B said...

Cooked pickles?! That's disgusting! I don't blame you for not being able to stomach that!!

Can't wait to see Harvest Witch and that beautiful quilt.

Anonymous said...

My DH and his father went deep sea fishing last weekend. They brought home all their rags and dumped them in the laundry tub.

I had the same reaction to those rags as you had to the cheeseburger pizza. It was GANG-WAY --- COMIN' THRU!!!!!!! And I'm not even pregnant!

Hope the other pizzas were good. LOL

Kendra said...

I had a similar reaction to the Cheeseburger Pringles we picked up at Wal-Mart recently. I love cheeseburgers, so I thought they would be good...WRONG! Very much NOT good. Ugh, just thinking about them makes my stomach churny...

Jenn said...

Pickles on a pizza! Ick! that would send me running for the bathroom too.