Friday, November 23, 2007

Shopping Mess

The Thanksgiving rush is over and now the Christmas rush begins! We had a nice day yesterday. We had some turkey with friends and came home and had more turkey with just the kids and us. We cooked too much and ate way too much but it was all so good!

I wasn't planning on going to town today with it being the day after Thanksgiving but Krissy needed a book from the library for school on Monday. So I took a deep breath and made my way out in the mess of shoppers. First stop was at Hobby Lobby to pick up some finishing fabric for Allie's stocking, next was a Wal-mart for some sore throat medicine for Krissy and Mac, and then finally (or so I thought!) was stopping at the library. As I was pulling into the parking lot I thought it looked a little bare and immediately realized the library was closed! Grr....now I had to make a trip all the way across town to the bookstore to buy the book instead. After buying her book, we finally made it home only for me to realize I forgot to stop at the post office. Luckily the tiny town I live in (I'm serious if you blink you will miss it!!) does have a post office so I didn't have to run back to Rogers.

Stitching wise I don't have anything to show because I didn't even look in the direction of my stitching stuff yesterday. I can show you the fabric Allie picked out for her Christmas stocking.

I am planning on starting her stocking (Britty Kitty Christmas Stocking) sometime this weekend. It shouldn't take me too long to stitch it up as it is a rather quick pattern to stitch. Tonight I am hoping to finish a gift I have been working on this week.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!


8 comments:

Becky K in OK said...

I love that fabric. Does HL have it with dogs also?

Ranae said...

That fabric is just adorable.
And the frog finished box is so awesome.
Congrats! on a great job.
Sorry to hear you hit a deer, we do that around here quite often.
trying to play catch up on blogs.
Have a great weekend!!

Jen said...

Sounds like a busy but fun day. Forgetting to go by the post office while shopping is my common mistake also.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Shudder... I can't stand crazy shoppers! Glad you survived!

That backing fabbie is cute!

Lori Thornton said...

I love Britty Kitty patterns because I'm a cat lover and because they stitch up so quickly! I can't wait to see your finished stocking!

Dawn B. said...

Sounds like you had arough day but love the fabric

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Allie picked a cute fabric, it will look great with the Britty Kitty Stocking. Glad your Thanksgiving was good.

stitcherw said...

I love the fabric she chose, it will look fantastic with the Britty Kitty Stocking. Can't wait so see it all stitched and finished.

Mac's box turned out wonderful too, the frog and and fabric you picked are perfect for each other. Sorry to hear about your hitting the deer and your car, but thankfully you're ok. Car/Deer accidents can cause so much damage. Where I'm at in Michigan we have a lot of them each year.
Sue