Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Strange Weather

It was a beautiful day here yesterday! The temperature reached 65 degrees! It is hard to believe that a week ago it was below freezing and snowing. All the snow and ice we got has now melted which means there is mud everywhere you step. When Mac got home from school he found out exactly how muddy it is outside. He was walking up the drive from the bus when he stepped into some mud and he literally sank up to his knees! I didn't actually see it happen but when he came into the house he was covered head to toe in mud including his backpack. LOL I guess his shoe got stuck and he tried to yank his leg up and ended up falling over sideways into the mud.

I worked on A Time for Everything Sal with Becky yesterday but I didn't get a lot accomplished. I finished the back stitching and started on the lazy daises. I had put in about 30 of them when I realized I had used the wrong color of green! After frogging them out I just wasn't in the mood to work on it anymore.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I ended up working on Footprints for the rest of the afternoon. I ran out of a few colors so I have to wait to finish the border.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here is a progress pic of Dani, the Stitching Dragon from Dragon Dreams. I had to put her aside for a bit since I have to order some threads for it. I really like how it looks so far! :)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

9 comments:

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Everything looks fantastic! Dani the Dragon is very cute:)

Anonymous said...

Your progresses are all great :)

Carol said...

It's nice to know there is warm weather somewhere relatively near here. It is averaging 20 here. I forgot to write up a PIF invitation in my blog! Yikes - will do that tonight! Your WIPS all look wonderful - it is nice having you blogging regularly again!

Anonymous said...

Your stitching is so nice. I love that border for Footprints and The Stitching Dragon is adorable.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Everything looks great... especially "Dani"

Anonymous said...

Well done! You have made good progress since the last time you posted. :) I really want to stitch up Dani something, as well, though mine will have to be purple, of course. ;)

Glad to hear that someone is having some warm weather. Sheesh, it's cold!

cathymk said...

Your WIPs look wonderful Dawn, I love the border on Footprints, it has such lovely calming blues.

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see a dragon stitching for once instead of sleeping and breathing fire all the time. That is a beautiful WIP. :-)

I like the SAL...trying not to look at it so often...or I might end up buying them.

Michelle said...

Your Footprints looks amazing. I've never paid that much attention to the border before, but wow! Lovely!